Dangerous Goods Freight Forwarder UK
Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
Freight forwarders with dangerous goods expertise
Do you transport dangerous goods ?
Since 2000, the European Commission Directive 96/35/EC has required that every undertaking whose activities include the transport or related loading or unloading of dangerous goods by road, rail or inland waterway, must appoint one or more 'Dangerous Goods Safety Advisors' (DGSAs).
DGSAs are responsible for assisting with the prevention of adverse consequences resulting from the risks inherent in such activities in relation to people, property and the environment.
Spatial's DGSA has a legal obligation to carry out the following functions:
- Monitoring compliance with the law governing the transport of dangerous goods
- Advising the company on the safe transport of dangerous goods, including the training of employees involved in packing, handling, consigning and transporting
- Preparing an annual report of the company's activities in relation to the transport of dangerous goods
- Assessing and advising on health and safety procedures, risk measures and environmental matters
- Investigating and producing reports on accidents and emergencies
- Advising on the security procedures required for the transport of dangerous goods