Moving to ISO 9001:2015
10th September 2018
Establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving our QMS
As a successful business Spatial Global understands the value of an effective Quality Management System. This ensures our organisation is focused on meeting our customers’ requirements and that they continue to be satisfied with the services we provide. To maintain our QMS’s relevance in today’s marketplace we have to provide improved performance and business benefits, and with this in mind Spatial Global is working to transition from ISO 9001:2008 to the latest ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Quality management and continual improvement at the heart of our business
ISO 9001:2015 is much less prescriptive than the 2008 version and can be used as a more agile business improvement tool. This means that we can make it relevant to the requirements of our own organisation to gain sustainable business improvements. The new standard is an opportunity for Spatial Global to align our strategic direction with our quality management system.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard will:
- Provide better quality management that helps us to meet present customer needs and identify future requirements
- Increase efficiency that will save us time, money and resources making us more competitive
- Improve operational performance to help prevent errors and save time, money and resources
- Motivate, engage and involve staff with more efficient internal processes
- Win more high value customers and achieve improved customer retention
The importance of leadership, assurance and compliance
The new standard has an entire clause devoted to Leadership and this is one of the most significant changes. It requires greater involvement by top managers and the businesses leaders in controlling the quality management system. As a result the Spatial Global management team now has a collective responsibility for the effectiveness of the quality management system.